Turbo 3.0 Book — Photos Needed
Interested in contributing to the upcoming Turbo 3.0 book? It takes a generous community to produce comprehensive books on such a focused topic. Have a question you would love to see answered by the book? We can't promise it will be in there, but send it our way!
We are always looking for period photographs as well as photos of unusual original details on the 3.0-liter Turbos. If you have interesting material to contribute, lease send details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Some notable photos we are still looking for:
- period photos of Turbos displayed at the dealership
- period photos of Turbos being delivered at dealerships or with the new owner's on delivery day
- Porsche booth at motor shows (1974 London, 1975 Geneva, 1975 AutoRAI Amsterdam, 1975 Turin)
- period 1975–1980 photos of 3.0-liter Turbos racing or rallying
- photos of Turbos being painted at the factory
Additionally, looking for detail photos:
- English language interior decals on Japanese delivered 911/930s (e.g. "HORN", etc)
- rear parcel shelf speaker on 1975–76 models
- original underbody painting and overspray marks
- rocker panel texture close ups (1975 and 1976)
- Italian market white front reflectors
- body production number stamping
If your Turbo has any of the above details and you'd be interested in contributing a photo, please contact email@example.com and I can send example photos to use as a guide for photographing details. Thank you for your help!