The Lamborghini Miura Book
Published by Kidston
¥789,400 JPY ¥939,800 JPY
Please select all options.
The Lamborghini Miura Book runs to 456 pages with over 650 high-quality photographs and is presented in a slipcase, beautifully lined and encased in museum-quality buckram.
- Limited edition of 762 copies
- Many previously unseen photographs
- The result of nearly two decades of research
- Interviews with all the men behind the Miura
- Nine appendices
In 1962 Ferruccio Lamborghini was a successful businessman best known for making tractors. Few had heard of him outside his native Italy. Four years later he was a motor manufacturer and an international celebrity. He had created the world’s most dramatic motor car – the legendary Miura, still a dream car over half a century later.
This is the history of one of the most extraordinary cars of our time, told by the people who designed it, who built it, who lived it. The fruit of more than ten years of work, and based on countless in-depth interviews, The Lamborghini Miura Book unravels the myths and tells the true story for the first time.
From the conception of the car to its demise, every aspect of the Miura’s life is studied, including the one-offs such as the track-bred Jota and the open-top roadster. There’s also a detailed look at the colorful world of Miura owners, and at the Miura’s many roles on the silver screen, plus a fascinating appraisal of the car by leading designers Peter Stevens and Gordon Murray.
Painstakingly researched and elegantly written by Simon Kidston and award-winning motoring historian Jon Pressnell, designed by renowned graphic artist Julian Balme, and supervised by Emanuele Collo and Steve Wakefield, this is the definitive book on the definitive supercar. Lavishly illustrated and printed on the finest paper, it is as much a joy to look at as to read.
Supported by the unparalleled experience and knowledge of Miura experts at Kidston, The Lamborghini Miura Book is the manuscript every motoring enthusiast should have at their fingertips.
- Ferruccio Lamborghini – by those who knew him
- The men behind the Miura
- The design story – who styled the Miura?
- Ubaldo Sgarzi – the man who never said ‘no’
- How the Miura was built
- Racing the Miura
- The Jota – and how it met its end
- The mystery of the 500th Miura
- The ‘super-Miura’ SVJs
- Miura owners – from Rod to royalty
- A triple World Champion drives the Miura
- Nine expansive appendices that comprise: the Miura in film (including The Italian Job); Miura toys and models; evolution in production, changes in the specification; colors; contemporary road tests; the influence of the Miura; the Miura in the US; performance data and period comparisons; a guide to owning and running a Miura